The Ethics Council carries out its activities in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Civil Service of the Republic of Kazakhstan” and the Regulation on Ethics Councils of the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for Civil Service and Anti-Corruption Affairs, approved by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 29, No. 156, which defines its status, authority and organization of activities.
The main goal of the Ethics Council is to ensure high ethical standards in state bodies and to prevent violations of ethical rules, including disciplinary offenses that discredit the public service, to take measures to increase the level of responsibility of state employees in respect of professional ethics, develop recommendations and proposals for coordination activities of ethics commissioners.
So for the expired period of 2018, the Ethics Council for Astana city examined 24 issues, including: disciplinary cases – 5, prevention issues – 19. As part of the independent work, the members of the Ethics Council for Astana held 78 seminars, explanatory meetings of which 16.4% (21) were held by members of the Council who are not government leaders. The receptions of citizens were held, in the course of which 70 citizens were accepted.
Ethics Council for Astana, the activity of the Ethical Commissioner has been reviewed three times, namely the Ethics Officers of the State Revenue Department in Astana, the Auditing Commission of Astana, and the Department of Ecology in Astana.
In accordance with the decision of the Ethics Council, the Department on the site of the Committee for Environmental Regulation and Control of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan organized a seminar-meeting with the head of the Department – the Chairman of the Ethics Council Zhazira Zhylkyshiyeva and the employees of the territorial units of the Committee, explaining the requirements of the Ethical Code of civil servants of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The Ethics Council for Astana includes the Chairman and 10 members:
- Zhylkishieva Zhazira Zhaksylykovna – Head of the Department of the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan
on Civil Service and Anti-Corruption Affairs in Astana – Chairman of the Ethics Council;
- Nurpeyisov Zhanat Gazizuly – secretary of the Maslikhat of Astana;
- Dzhakenov Berik Oralovich – Head of the Office of the Akim of Astana;
- Azbergenov Dulat Baidalinovich – Head of the Department of the National Bureau
on counteracting corruption in Astana;
- Saparov Bakyt Amanzholovich – First deputy chairman of the Astana city branch of the party “Nur Otan”;
- Baygenzhin Abai Kabatayevich – Doctor of Medicine, Director General of JSC “National Scientific Medical Center”;
- Tyugina Irina Valeryevna – Deputy Secretary of the Committee for Small
and medium business of the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Sansyzbaev Arystangali Kadyrovich – deputy head of the Republican public reception of the party “Nur Otan”, blogger, member of the public association “Kazakhstan Alliance of bloggers”;
- Rakhmetullin Dauletkerei Rakhmetollaevich – Director of the branch of the Republican Public Association “National Movement Against Corruption” Zhaharu “
- Tulkubayev Alen Amanzholovich – Director of the Regional Chamber of Entrepreneurs of Astana;
- Esentayev Tastbek Kutzhanovich – chairman of the Trade Union Center of Astana.
Citizens and civil servants who have encountered a violation of the legislation on public service and the norms of professional ethics may apply to the members of the Ethics Council for Astana on the below-mentioned Schedule of Citizens Reception.