The international trade Union movement is growing rapidly and plays an important role in improving the social and economic situation of workers.
The Federation of trade unions of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter-FTURK) is a part of the world trade Union movement.
International activities of the FTURK are implemented within the framework of the FTURK Concept on international image policy, which is aimed at improving the international image of the FTURK, introduction of international best practices, strengthening and development of the Trade Union movement, etc.
FTURK has close contacts with international organizations and foreign trade centers.
As of January 1, 2019, memorandums of understanding and cooperation have been signed with trade Union organizations of fraternal countries, such as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan, and a Protocol of intent has been signed with the Italian labor Union. Established cooperation with the Friedrich Ebert Foundation and on an ongoing basis, there is an exchange of delegations with the Japanese International labor Foundation (JILAF) and the General Federation of trade unions of Israel.
Representatives of the FTURK annually participate in the sessions of the ILO International Labor Conference, in the work of the all-European Regional Council of the International Confederation of trade unions.
In 2018, the FTURK delegations took part in 32 international events (international conferences, forums, congresses, seminars, trade Union schools, study programs, etc.), among which:
– ILO sub-regional conference on the launch of the project “Partnership in youth employment in CIS countries” (13-16 February 2018, Turin, Italy);
– VIII Congress of trade unions of the Confederation of trade unions of Azerbaijan (5-6 February, Baku, Azerbaijan);
— Meeting of the Women’s Committee of the ITUC PERC (21-22 February, Brussels, Belgium);
Conference of the ITUC, the ILO, the FNPR on freedom of Association and Trade Union rights in the Russian Federation (March 26-27, Moscow, Russia);
– MEMUR- SEN (?) conference “Man, labor, global competition” (4-5 may, Istanbul, Turkey);
– International conference of the Ministry of labor and social protection of Azerbaijan “towards sustainable development Goals, promotion of sustainable development of decent work” (20-21 may, Baku, Azerbaijan);
– ILO seminar on “Improving ways of communication and company management to promote youth representation in the workplace and their active participation in the Trade Union movement of Central Asia” (11-12 July, Cholpon-ATA, Kyrgyzstan);
– JILAF familiarization Program (Eurasian group 2018) (August 19-September 1, Japan);
– ILO high-level tripartite sub regional conference “Legal regulation and enforcement of labor standards as a means of improving competitiveness and productivity” (21-23 August, Moscow, Russia);
-ACTRAV/INC – PERC sub-regional conference on “the Role of labor inspection in a changing economy: challenges and priorities for trade unions” (26-27 September, Tbilisi, Georgia);
– 11th ASEM Forum on labor (16-17 November, Brussels, Belgium) and others.
Such events contributed to the strengthening of international cooperation of trade unions, trade Union solidarity, dialogue, improvement of effective communication skills, familiarization with the experience of foreign trade Union organizations.
In 2018, the official delegations of the FTURK took part in 2 major international events in the field of labor:
– 107 ILO International Labor Conference, Geneva (31 May to 8 June));
– 4 world Congress Of the international Confederation of trade unions, Copenhagen (2-7 December);
Together with international organizations in the field of labor, FTURK holds joint activities on its site.
In May 2018 FTURK in Astana, there was held a constructive dialogue with the delegation of the ILO, headed by Jan Farzan, where were discussed the issues of implementation of international legal standards of the ILO in Kazakhstan.
On November 6, 2018, a seminar was held with the participation of territorial trade Union organizations on “Mediation in labor relations”, organized jointly by the FTURK and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation.
At present, purposeful work is being carried out to discuss and explain the international programs and initiatives adopted within the framework of the ILO and the UN.
2019 is the year of the centenary of the International labor organization. In this regard, the FTURK, together with its member organizations, is carrying out a number of events to mark the centenary of the ILO with the participation of social partners and international organizations.
The basis of all activities in this direction is two current global agenda:
1. ILO global initiative on the Future of the world of work.
2. UN sustainable development goals.
The initiative of the ILO, “the Future of the workplace”, adopted in 2013, is the pivot of the century by the ILO. The initiative contributes to the impact of social and economic transformation on workers, employers, and governments. In January 2019, with the opening of the ILO centennial, a report of the Global Commission on the future of the world of work will be published. The content of the report will be discussed by the FTURK and the social partners in 2019.
The UN sustainable development goals are the 2030 agenda, which was adopted in 2015 by the UN General Assembly on development, based on decent work. The ILO views the interaction of social partners as an effective way to achieve this lofty goal. In 2019, the FTURK together with its member organizations
planned a number of activities to achieve the SDGs with the participation of experts from international organizations, social partners (roundtables, cluster meetings, meetings in the workforce).
It is planned to organize sub regional seminars on industrial relations, labor and social security in cooperation with the Japan international labor Fund with the participation of representatives of foreign trade unions.